Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baby Loves Disco



My baby loves disco, and salsa, and hip hop, and jazz. You get the picture. My baby loves music!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Baby Loves Disco dance party at Aubergine in just a few weeks. Sunday, November 9th, you'll find me standing in line with my son on my shoulders, probably already dancing before we even step inside the wonderful night club that's transformed into a daytime paradise for parents and their little ones.

It all began in Philadelphia in the fall of 2005. Soon afterward, parents began to spread the word about this wonderful event that now reaches 21 cities across the country. With national sponsors, such as Stride Rite, Parents magazine, cool mom picks, Grand magazine, Rattle N Roll, Happy Baby, moms like me, Swell, to name just a few, these parties are growing each month!

Local sponsors appear at each location to promote their companies (many of which are mom-owned businesses). San Diego boasts such vendors like San Diego Bargain Mama, The Creation Station, Sign4Baby, busy nest cards, style child, Playhouse Cafe, Stroller Strides, and several more!

My son's personal favorite is the Hullabaloo Band that appears at BLD to play fun music that both kids and parents will find themselves moving to and singing along with.

If you don't quite get what the big hype is, I encourage you to check it out for yourself.

Aubergine on 4th, typically known for its strong drinks and dress code, turns into a haven for kids and their parents on this special day. The bar area is filled with finger foods and healthy snacks, drinks are served for parents and bubbles, balloons, play tents, books and face-painting are just a few of the activities that are held throughout the three hour event.

And if you're worried about your child getting separated from you, there's no need. When you arrive, you and your child will be given wristbands that share the same number. Your child won't be allowed to go out the front door (the bouncers make sure of it) without their adult.

I highly recommend that you attend a Baby Loves Disco dance party in a city near you. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

No comments: